- St. Francis College is pleased to announce Dr. Miguel Martinez-Saenz as the 19th President in the College's 160-year history. He will begin his term in September at the start of the 2017-2018 academic year, taking over for Interim President Timothy J. Houlihan who filled the position after the death of Brendan J. Dugan '68 in December ... Read more
- March 21, 2017 -- The Neumann University Board of Trustees announced today that Dr. Chris E. Domes, current president of Silver Lake College in Wisconsin, has been named the sixth president of Neumann University. He will take office on July 1, 2017.
His appointment ends a seven-month search for the successor to Dr. Rosalie M. Mirenda, who announced on August 1, ... Read more
- Dr. Dennis DePerro, dean of the Purcell School of Professional Studies at Le Moyne College in Syracuse, has been named the 21st president of St. Bonaventure University. He will take office June 1, 2017.
Trustees unanimously selected DePerro on Sunday, Nov. 13, after an eight-month search process that involved more than 70 members of the campus ... Read more
- Member schools of the Association of Franciscan Colleges and Universities joined forces across the United States to provide service and outreach to the communities they serve. Various days of service were held around the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi, Tuesday, October 4, 2016.
The association includes 24 member colleges and universities serving more than 50,000 students. Service has ... Read more
- LA CROSSE, Wis. – Glena Temple, Viterbo University vice president of academic affairs, has been named president of Viterbo University. She will succeed retiring Viterbo president Rick Artman Jan. 1.
“I am very honored to have been entrusted to lead Viterbo University,” Temple said. “Viterbo is a very special place, and I will do my best to ... Read more
- Dr. Charlene Aaron has been named the new Chancellor of St. John's College in Springfield, IL. Dr. Aaron holds a BS in Nursing from Illinois Wesleyan University, an MSN in Nursing Systems Administration from the Mennonite College of Nursing at Illinois State University and a Ph.D. in Nursing in Aging from the University of Iowa College of ... Read more
- Mary Ann Gawelek, Ed.D., Provost and Dean of the Faculty at Seton Hill University in Greensburg, PA, has been appointed the 10th President of Lourdes University. After conducting a national search which garnered candidates from 11 states, Dr. Gawelek was selected overwhelmingly by Lourdes University, its sponsor the Sisters of St. Francis of Sylvania and ... Read more
- ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y., June 3, 2016 — Dr. Andrew Roth has been named interim president of St. Bonaventure University, Board of Trustees Chairman Robert Daugherty announced today (June 3, 2016).
Roth will succeed Sr. Margaret Carney, O.S.F., S.T.D., who announced in January her intention to step down July 31 after 12 years as president. Roth begins ... Read more
- Briar Cliff University is excited to announce today the hiring of Dr. Hamid “Ham” Shirvani as its next university president. Shirvani will assume official duties on July 1, replacing outgoing President Beverly A. Wharton, who announced her retirement in 2015.
“We are delighted to welcome Dr. Shirvani to Briar Cliff University,” said Sister Kate Katoski, chair of ... Read more
- March 28, 2016 -- The Board of Trustees of the Franciscan School of Theology in Oceanside, California, are pleased to appoint Rev. Michael Joseph Higgins, TOR, as the eighth President of the school. In affiliation with the University of San Diego, the Franciscan School of Theology at Old Mission San Luis Rey is the premier ... Read more