Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is an independent, private Catholic College founded by the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady. The College is a student-centered academic community guided by their Franciscan values, faithful to Ex corde Ecclesiae and devoted to excellence in teaching and learning. The purpose of the College is to provide each student with a unique educational experience by seeking to ensure the personal attention of the faculty, administration and staff. Central to the purpose of the College are scholarship and effort, especially in those activities that cultivate knowledge and thinking in support of further study, advanced education and the pursuit of life-long learning. The College community recognizes that commitment to and accomplishment of the institutional purpose and goals requires exceeding standards, expanding vision and nurturing students to realize their potential as responsible members of society. The College seeks to advance a collegial environment that promotes individual and collective social responsibility within the concepts of community, democracy, social justice, and the culture of life.
- Incorporate the Franciscan values of service, reverence and love for all life, joyfulness of spirit, humility, and justice and the spirit of Ex corde Ecclesiae into all facets of the educational process and functions of the College.
- Provide programs of study, particularly in the health sciences, that contribute to fulfilling societal needs.
- Emphasize academic excellence in programs and degrees.
- Cultivate a student-centered environment that promotes a holistic approach to student growth and development.
- Enhance knowledge and thinking in support of further study and advanced education in the health sciences, as well as in the pursuit of life-long learning.
- Foster an engaged community of civic-minded scholars that encourages a culture of social responsibility and service.
- Cultivate, among all campus constituents, a desire to understand, a capacity for tolerance, and an ability to appreciate the ethnic and cultural diversity that make up humanity.
- Optimize the resources of the College. Expand the scale and scope of the programs and the communities the College serves.